Services for writers
Pyxis offers both manuscript services and publicity/promotional services with a special focus on fiction, poetry and non-fiction, especially academic works focusing on cultural studies, critical or social theory, and works related to meditation/mindfulness or spirituality.
- work with author to develop concepts
- read manuscript & give feedback
- offer developmental editing & copyediting
- identify target market
- design marketing, & publicity plan
- expedite endorsement prospecting & acquisition
- consult on placement for reviews - online & traditional outlets
Book Promotion/Post Publication
- work with author to develop ideas, goals & strategies
- develop website content
- review placements
- develop ad copy, electronic & traditional
- develop press releases
- organize and expedite event coordination
- booking and event application preparation
Your project is underway, but you feel like you've lost your focus or you have a question. Consultations (in-person or via phone/Skype) to help you get back on track.
Whatever your business, you know communication is key to telling your story, finding funding, and marketing your product or services.
Good writing and clean copy can make the difference between yes and no. Pyxis provides writing and editing solutions streamlined to business and nonprofit environments.
Editorial and Writing Services
I offer a range of options including Project Development, ideal for the person just beginning to explore their project. I will listen to your goals and help you outline your first steps, be it a manuscript idea, a collaborative project, or help with marketing ideas.
Multiple session packages are available for the writer who feels they need a regular check-in to stay focused and move forward.
Some projects have many moving parts or they require more time, research, and collaboration to get off the ground. Is your project or transition just beginning? Is your timeline long range? Do you need to connect with experts in other fields? Find funding?
- Comprehensive development evaluation & strategic planning
- Grant writing
- Direct mail campaigns & donor appreciation